Free VIN Lookup, Decoder 2021
VIN NUMBER WRONG, PLEASE INPUT 17 CHARACTER.
What is VIN Number?
The chassis number on each officially manufactured vehicle means a type of identification number of the vehicle. The VIN (Vehicle Identification Number), which is the vehicle identification number, helps in many areas, from vehicle damage, to looking for spare parts, from traffic and car insurance to license plate operations.
The vehicle chassis number used all over the world was used for the first time in 1954 and it has a uniform format consisting of 17 characters since 1981.
This number is required in order to be able to reach a lot of information related to the vehicle, if necessary. In the sector; It acts as an identification number on every vehicle that operates with engines such as cars, trucks, scooters, motorcycles. Chassis numbers form a serial number.Characters on the VIN number indicate:
- The first character is in which country the vehicle was produced,
- The characters in the second and third places are produced by which company the vehicle is,
- The fourth character is the brand of the vehicle,
- The fifth character is the engine volume,
- The sixth character is what the engine type is,
- The ninth character is the vehicle's security number,
- The tenth character refers to the model year,
- The remaining characters are known as the vehicle's serial number.